15:00 Sunday, 29 March 2020
Mapping the Tech Workers of Berlin
Berlin Tech Workers Coalition, in partnership with Werkstatt für Bewegungsbildung, would like to understand better the lives of tech workers, both in our workplace and outside. As part of the event’s purpose, we also want to familiarize everyone with mapping — an important movement building practice.
- 15:00 - Mapping workshop 🗺
- 18:00 - Celebrate with food and drinks 🍾🥐
- Develop a more coherent picture and quantitatively grounded image of the problems that face tech workers both in the workplace and in the community,
- Map the different physical and digital locations, structures, and nodes that compose the lived network of tech workers, and
- Identify political issues that motivate tech workers.
As part of the TWC’s mission to fight for the rights of tech workers, we need to better know the issues that confront tech workers here in Berlin, and get a better idea of what all the different tech workers need and desire.
This event is about hearing each other out and listening to the problems, hopes, and desires that face tech workers. While collecting issues and desires, we will also aim to structure them and place them in our everyday life. The goal is to understand better what we want to fight for together, and where our fight should take place, as tech workers, Berliners, friends, humans.
Bilgisaray is a smoke-free environment. Children are welcome. Unfortunately, it is not wheelchair accessible. We will try to ensure that future venue spaces are accessible.